Forum: Photography

Subject: Blue Friday: New Image please CRITIQUE

Syyd opened this issue on Mar 02, 2001 ยท 15 posts

Colm_Jackson posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 6:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/~syyd/3dvision/

Gwyn... My feelings exactly. Just look around ourselves. All the boxes and boothes for the consumer to slide in their photo's and have them instantly croped, enlarged and even superimposed with Brittney Spears. One of the reasons I got indo digital art, especially 3D and Poser was because I was bored with traditional photography after 10 years. I found that I could make my own people and place them in my own environments. It was like psuedo photography. (see link) Even though, I was bored with traditional photography, that was just 'my' choice. Each to their own, y'know. As far as how pure do we want to keep the bi-monthly competions. I feel that is up to the person competing. I don't think we have to be restricted by rules of personal photographic style. EG... If the subject was 'flowers', one may want to photograph a traditional flower arrangement and submit it exactly like it was taken. Syyd may want to place her daughters face in the middle of the basket and submit it like that. I think we would put it to a vote and choose a winner that way. It isn't going to be a cut-throat thing IMHO. It hopefully will be a fun way of sharing and learning from each other. A competition for a brand new Nikon may be a little different tho'...:)