Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Good Examples of Poser6 IBL& AO?????

wolf359 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2005 ยท 62 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 11:17 PM

Face_off - Yeah I have no intention of modeling the light sources in the IBL probe. I think the IBL is just good for fill. Poser won't use the probe for reflections so there's no point in putting that in there. You have to put other lights in. What IS important, is if there is a light shining on a wall. That matters. For example, in my probe of post #11, you can see a bright spot on the right. That is coming from a light WHICH IS ON THE LEFT. So using this probe, increasing the light on the left increases the diffuse back-fill from the wall on the right! Pretty cool eh? When I use that probe in the scene where it belongs (pinup in a museum), I include the actual spot light on the left. If I change the strength or position of that spot, I have to recalculate the IBL probe. But it really works well. When I finally solve my problems with props in that scene, I'll post it. I wish Poser had a checkbox for "Auto IBL Probe". Then it could just do a quick lo-res render and take care of this all by itself. Its no more difficult than the pre-renders it does to calculate shadow masks.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)