Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How much computer is required?

momodot opened this issue on Oct 21, 2005 ยท 16 posts

momodot posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 2:04 PM

I have in the shop some morphing P4 Nude figures that take standard clothes with scaling, and then I try to use the P4 Casual Man -the casual woman looks a bit dorky. But I was hoping to get an idea of whether my sluggishness was to be expected. Then someone sent me an IM about my anti-virus software and I realized that I had gotten new anti-virus software right when I got my Poser 6. I had suspected it was a virus but maybe it is the anti-virus as my scans kept showing up clean and my ISP is supposed to have a virus filter at the server. As for poorly written stuff, Poser is bad, but is it worse then any and everything from Microsoft? I used to be so Happy on my Mac with a 1Mb OS and a full service applications like WriteNow, ColorIt! and Monet which were 350Kb, 450Kb and 400Kb respectively and had as far as I can tell all the functionality of my Word, Photoshop, and Painter that run 10-40Mb each not to mention my 200Mb RAM WinXP with its weekly 10-20Mb patches! Software bloat in inexcusable. I can't for the life figure out what Word has over right now. and I could never understand why ColorIt! had more functionality, better interface and a $39 price tag. Once long ago way back when I was actually a programmer, elegance and economy of code were the end all, the more code you wrote the cludgier a loser you were. But a friend at Adobe used to tell me how the suits actually foster inefficiency intentionaly. Now iPod has gotten hold of my system and I can't root it out!