Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Where are all the aliens?

Svigor opened this issue on Oct 21, 2005 ยท 15 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:54 AM

Addendum: Going by our current Physics, there appear to be no ways to traverse the vastness of space in reasonable time periods. The limiting factor of 'c', even if we could convert ourselves into energy and transmit it flawlessly, would still not allow us to overcome the distances in timely fashions. Wormholes, like blackholes, may seem inviting alternatives but they suffer the same problem as blackholes. Once you are beyond the event horizon, the laws of Physics as we know them breakdown - or at least we have no knowledge of what laws prevail. You cannot design anything to traverse a standard wormhole without knowledge of what to design for. Such pursuits would be disastrous. This also precludes any knowledge of where in the universe the exiting blackhole of the wormhole resides. My contention, and that's all it is, is that one must 'pucker' spacetime gravitationally (since gravity seems to be the only known distorting factor over spacetime) in a way that allows the distance traversed to be significantly reduced, gravitational anomalies avoided or restrained, and source and destintation to be predesignated. That's a tall order. If we could 'tunnel' outside of spacetime while retaining a spacetime fabric 'cylinder' between two spacetime points, that may provide a way to get from point A to point B without even requiring the elimination of G.R. Of course, my terminology and specificity are necesarily vague since no one has yet proposed such a mode or ways to implement it (the Casimir effect is about the closest approximation to what I'm proposing). The picture, I suppose, would be of a wormhole where the singularity has not formed and the event horizon is toroidal so that at the center is a viable spacetime conduit. After that, I think the cosmological physics is way beyond me to understand how such a configuration could occur or be 'manufactured'. But it makes for interesting speculations. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone