Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: People that post NASTY COMMENTS SHOULD BE BANNED from Renderosity

Lady Cherry opened this issue on Mar 06, 2001 ยท 49 posts

Archangel_Gabriel posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 10:38 PM

Absolutely, positively, under no circumstances would I endorse the banning of someone for posting a negative opinion on this, mine, or anyone elses work. This is an open forum with comments invited. This is the exact reason that the Supreme Court ruled that boneheads like Gullani could not ban the Piss Christ or the Dung Madonna. Do I agree with the opinions expressed from all users? No. Do I make crass comments? No. BUT the view expressed was one that I must support, even if I fundamentally disagree with it, which I do. If I may paraphrase Dennis Miller: "Tolerance does not mean you agree with everything that other people say, or that you subordinate your own best instincts to the tyranny of mass opinion. It simply means you pretend not to know that everyone on the planet but you is a total fing moron." No, you're not morons, fing or otherwise. But we are big boys and girls, well most of us. Occasionally the odd comment will surface that will grate against your skin like burlap Kleenex. Let it go. The planet will not swing into the sun. Crass?, yes, poorly worded, in a PC world?, yes. But a comment nonetheless. I'll shut up now.