Forum: Animation

Subject: CG sci-fi movie (WIP)

maxxxmodelz opened this issue on Oct 22, 2005 ยท 22 posts

luvver_3d posted Thu, 27 October 2005 at 12:45 AM

This is very good so far, Maxxx. I like the environment and atmosphere/lighting you're using here, and the effects are convincing. Your camera work is also quite good, and really adds character to the whole clip. Now for a few crits, if you don't mind: The girl's movements are ok, but not great. Granted, she isn't doing much in this clip, but the part where she rubs the back of her neck is particularly weak. Although most people would find it acceptable, I think the timing is a bit slow and the motion is floaty at certain parts. Her neck also doesn't bend like it's jointed correctly. Might want to review your rig in that area. It's not horrible, but it's not realistic either. The brief shot of her throwing that object over the side of the building at the end is probably the most realistic movement in the clip. It looked spot-on from what I can see. Her torso looks a little stiff in the parts where she's just standing still. Perhaps a little breathing movement on her chest/stomach during those shots would solve that. She seems apprehensive or perhaps a bit nervous, so visible breathing that would add to the emotion of the shot as well. The nuke-like explosion looks very good. Best I've seen in 3dsmax. However, without a shockwave and some destruction to the buildings, as you have shown is possible, I don't think the shot will be as impressive as it can be. I'd recommend adding it in for the final render. That's about it. Good luck with this, and I'll be looking forward to more preview clips!