Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Very OT: Sony hijacks your computer. (Not a joke!)

destro75 opened this issue on Nov 04, 2005 ยท 65 posts

unzipped posted Fri, 04 November 2005 at 5:21 PM

Thanks for pointing this out Destro. This has been in the news for a couple of weeks and it is interesting that this time its getting quite a bit of publicity compared to some of the other nasty stuff some corporations have tried to pull in this venue. If you want to be continually outraged at the exploits of these types, check in with www.slashdot.org often. These things find their way onto the front page there pretty quick - with accompanying discussions which range from enlightening and helpful to mundane flame wars (just like here). I'm off of Sony. They're just the tip of the iceburg unfortunately - in music they're part of a cartel called the RIAA who want to control all aspects of music - distribution, promotion, creation - to the extent that if they had it their way the only way anyone could make, distribute or listen to music is through their certified channels. It's bad news. I have not purchased any music by any artists affiliated with the companies under the RIAA umbrella (and I DO NOT copy/dowload/etc. when it infringes on copyright) for about 5 years now - they don't get my money to further their greed mongering. There's plenty of non-RIAA music out there, and I do pay for that. I listen to KCRW as often as I can - you can get podcasts of their shows at www.kcrw.com. My favorite show is Metropolis. Anyway they do play some artists that aren't slaves to the RIAA. If you're concerned on whether an album/recording is affiliated with an RIAA company, go to www.riaaradar.com and do a search, it'll give you that information. And hopefully don't buy it if it is owned by an RIAA company. Add Sony to the list of companies I won't give money to. Keep spreading the word folks, hopefully they'll get the message soon. Unzipped