Forum: Bryce

Subject: Suggested materials settings for a poser import.

stimpy opened this issue on Mar 08, 2001 ยท 9 posts

Ironbear posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 10:00 PM

Heya... been a while since I've been to bryce forum. It seems to me that the texturing of a poser figure in bryce is highly dependant on the sky and ambient light settings. I've never been happy with the way that they come in looking as default. The settings I seem to consistently have the best results with are to place the setting dots in both the diffuse and ambient channels, then using the technique that theFOG described, I run the numerical vales as: Diffuse: 65% Ambient: 45% Specularity: 35-45% [Roughly] Mettalicity: about 5% {Not sure just why, but it seems to help] Reflectivity: .05 - 1.5% Then I do a test render under the sky I'm going to use and go back in and tweak the setings in increments of 1 - 5% untill I'm happy. If I add lights to the scene - I retweak to compensate. That's for skin... For Hair, I use the same settings, but I run 100% specularity, 15% mettalicity, and about 10% reflectivity. Clothes it just depends on what sort of material I'm trying to imulate. A lot of times I cheat and use bryce .mats for the clothing and metal textures. Hope any of this works for you... you can check my galery and see some of the results I've gotten with these settings in various sky/lighting conditions.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"