Forum: Bryce

Subject: Dearest Unnamed Artist,

draculaz opened this issue on Nov 20, 2005 ยท 60 posts

LostinSpaceman posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 3:08 AM

You know what? Until this thread I'd never heard of DUA nor seen her images because I'm not a Hot-20 follower and unless something jumps out at me from a Thumbnail I don't even click on an image let alone comment on it. While the image linked to in the first message here wasn't anything spectacular, IMHO, The Poetry attached was worth the read. Art is many things to many people. What I find offensive, since Drac wants to list offenses in his post, is people who mudsling over something as ephemeral as art. DUA may not be a spectatular artist and since I don't follow the Hot-20 I have no clue how often she's been there. If she has fans. Well great for her. If that pisses Drac off because her imagry isn't up to his standards, tough shit! She touched people deeply enough to gather her following for whatever reason. Coming to the forums to Knock her down a Peg is petty and childish and very much makes Drac look infantile to this Bryce user. The fact that she doesn't want comments on her work that are derogatory or vindictive just makes her sound all the more human to me. I doubt she reads the forums for the reasons I do, which could be why she cares less about what's posted here than what's posted with her images.