Forum: Vue

Subject: Does Unimesh Realism Kit by Face_off Translate to Vue5 Esprit?

dvitola opened this issue on Nov 25, 2005 · 7 posts

tlaloc321 posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 10:36 AM

I must preface with the fact that I am no expert - barely understand the software I use - but... In a syllable – nope -. However experiment because when you export from Poser after applying the faceoff scripts there is a change made to the texture when it comes in to vue. I think I remember that it adds a specularity or a highlighting to the skin. This highlight can really blow out if you are using standard lights in Vue, looks pretty good in Global Lighting. For me the key to controlling this specularity (which can really add realism to a skin texture) is the make all lights doubles in the same spot and set one to Diffuse only and the other to specular only. This way you can control the exact amount of specularity on your skin texture. To me the ultimate is to use Dburdick’s skinvue shader which handles specular and fake sub surface scattering right in Vue. You might have to get Vue Infinite for it to work but he says so on his site if you do. It blends with any texture you wish to import and gives lots of control. Look at dburdick’s gallery to see the effects and good luck.

Message edited on: 11/25/2005 10:39