Forum: Photography

Subject: Does Image Stabilization or Anti Shake REALLY come in Handy!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Dec 02, 2005 ยท 57 posts

coolj001 posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 6:53 PM

I have the Konica-Minolta 5D and the anti-shake seems to work as advertised, but I wouldn't really know because I have yet to turn it off lol. I also have the Panasonic Lumix with anti-shake and it does work well. It seems the Panasonic's anti-shake system is more effective than the Minoltas, especially at maximum zoom range. Maybe I just shake more holding the Minolta because it intimidates me(or because it's quite a bit heavier)

According to the Konica Minolta 5D manual there are a few lens compatibility limitations although I do wonder about the last statement regarding "another manufacturer":

"All Konica Minolta AF lenses are compatible with this camera. MC and MC series lenses cannot be used....
The AF Macro Zoom 3X - 1X f/1.7-2.8 cannot be used with Anti-Shake; turn Anti shake off. If a lens is equipped with a macro release, the release cannot be used with Anti-Shake. Focus range limiter on the SSM-series or D-series macro lenses can be used at any set range. Anti-Shake may not work with products made by another manufacturer."

Message edited on: 12/02/2005 18:55