Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: HEAR THIS -. and READ it !!!

Schlabber opened this issue on Mar 12, 2001 ยท 60 posts

servo posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 11:46 PM

I'd just like to say a word for Renderosity. I'm a longtime lurker here. I've never posted a pic and never bought anything from the store. I have downloaded numerous freebies, for which I am greatful. But there's a lot more here that is free than just the freestuff: Namely, advice, assistance, and inspiration, all of which are worth a lot more than the models and textures. I'm glad people have a place to sell, and I'm glad they can make some money doing what they love doing. In fact, I hopr to join their ranks in the not too distant future. It's also my plan to continue to give back some of the time and talent that has been given freely to me, in the form of sharing my insights, experience and some of my models and work when I can. I'd like to think that most of the people who come here feel the same way, and that free giving won't die out just because some items -- which were hard work and high talent -- are sold at a price to compensate for the toil and care of their makers. The market itself will prove which models are worthiest. If everyone here were to approach this site in a similar way, I don't think there'd be any issue here. --