Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: HEAR THIS -. and READ it !!!

Schlabber opened this issue on Mar 12, 2001 ยท 60 posts

Dr Zik posted Tue, 13 March 2001 at 8:41 AM

Hi Folks! I'm gonna weigh in on this -- very carefully. Maybe what is needed is a special forum or area where prospective buyers can read reviews of the products in the store before buying them--sort of like the ratings system a lot of computer and 3D magazines use to discuss new products and upgrades. I paid a lot of attention to the reviews in MacWeek and MacUser before I went out and bought software. And I still read them in MacWorld. I have never been dissatisfied with a product I bought as a result of those reviews. The other thing for me is a matter of personal preference and comfort. I always buy software products by phone. I do it with Zygote/DAZ and it's particularly the reason why I like BBay, because when I'm on the phone with Sherry (not deliberately trying to plug an online store competitor but she is good people), I know I'll get courteous treatment and good service. I don't know if the Renderosity Store has a direct phone line with a live Customer Service person, but maybe that kind of feature can address some of the concerns raised in this thread--especially about unusable and expensive items. As far as all the banners and announcements about stuff in the store: I just treat them like another credit card solicitation. If I'm interested I'll check it out before I commit to buy. If I'm not I'll move on. Peter (Dr Zik)