Forum: Fractals

Subject: Split Of The Gallery?

Kid_Fisto opened this issue on Dec 11, 2005 ยท 60 posts

tdierikx posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 12:57 AM

Deagol wrote... "Maybe you would be happier at deviantart?" I don't want to be argumentative either - but isn't the above a little rough? Shouldn't ALL fractal artists, no matter the software they use to create their works, be welcome in ANY Fractal Community such as this one? Besides - I DO have a gallery at DA, and am getting enough recognition for my work there to sate my ego... lol! As opposed to being totally ignored here... Deagol also wrote... "Talking about apophysis is like talking about someone's religion." Hahaha! Well met! But it can also be applied to those who prefer UF... Deagol, my friend, you are an exceptionally talented artist in the medium of your choice - but what may be your choice may not be that of others... and all we ask is for the same level of respect for our art as you expect for yours. I have also noticed that the FWW has recently become more of a UF showcase, even when there have been fine works made by other applications in the running for that week's "glory". Sure, the FWW is selected by our fine staff here, but it can sometimes appear that they may have a stronger leaning towards UF creations. It doesn't matter whether we list what software we have used for our works or not - the difference between a UF, Apophysis, or XD image is instantly apparent... would you not agree? T.

Who? Me?