Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: when will holiday contest results come in?

3rdimension opened this issue on Dec 20, 2005 ยท 63 posts

nightsong posted Wed, 21 December 2005 at 9:35 PM

I know this is going to come out completely mercenary, but rather than returning the prizes you won, why not simply pass them on to someone else who can use them? I didn't see anything in the rules about others being bumped up on the list or new winners chosen simply because the prize is declined. Nor do I believe that simply returning your prize will change the personal opinions and criteria by which the contest was judged -- but it may make it so that some of the sponsors are not so willing to sponsor more contests in the future. Some of those prizes would make really nice Christmas presents, too. I know that some of the pictures I had thought would place -way- above me didn't get chosen, but I simply chalk that up to the fact that no two people will ever come away from looking at any one piece of artwork in the same way. Their own experience and preferences are what they'll depend upon in making what is believed to be the best judgement call, and with so very many entries submitted it must've been a tough decision for each of the categories. I for one was very, very happy and proud to make 9th runner up in the 3D area and was planning on stowing my $10 GC away so I could either get my best bud something for Christmas, or get something to help me make a really spiffy surprise picture for her. :) - Mary PS: Allibaba, how did you get the snowfall to look so pretty? I've always wanted to learn animation and the way the snow was falling looked very much like what you see in movies. (It doesn't snow here, so I rarely see it for real.)