Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: when will holiday contest results come in?

3rdimension opened this issue on Dec 20, 2005 ยท 63 posts

EmeraldSpider posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 8:44 AM

I would just like to clarify here that I am not haveing a pop at ANY of the artists, it's not my call to say what is a worthwhile piece of art or not. I havve only been painting a year and while my work is in demand, possibly because I am cheap and also can code and make websites, I don't consider it something I do for a living. So to be honest I am not the most qualified judge. My anger is directed not even at the judges but at the people who organised this contest, not only have they misled ALL artists participating, they have obviously changed the terms and rules THREE times since the contest started, hardly professional. The rules were the same as stated here to begin with, several artists asked for clarification of the rules at the contest start in the Community Forum and were told something different. Only for it to be changed back to the original rules sometime after it seems, no doubt when obviously quite a lot of artists had broken there back to include them. Now let me just point out the title states Holiday Greetings from the Past, Present & Future" Not Holiday Greetings for the Past, Present OR Future. Yet still I see entries for first place on 3D and Phtography that don't contain ANY of the aforementioned elements. While ones that have tried to get all three in have been blatatntly ignored. Come on please, they even state preferably have all three in.... Now to be honest I don't know why I'm fighting so hard here, I certainly have had my eyes opened the last contest was blamed on members voting, this was just judged no names apparently by impartial judges. I am just si glad I didn't spend 200 plus hours on a piece of work that I thought I was being asked for, only to find at the late judging stage that any old christmas or holiday picture would do. No doubt some of this artwork showcase some awesome talent, but at the outset of this contest artists were led to believe not only talent and technical skill would be judged, but also concepts and imagination too. I just think someone, even if they weren't involved especially as they weren't involved has to say/air their thoughts and opinions. Maybe the nexy contest will STATE that the title and asked for content is a guideline not a RULE. And that extra effort and hardwork to implement them does not offer you any advantage over a general holiday picture. It's the least you can do to instill good faith in your members and artists, am I not the only one who relised how tough the premise was of this contest and exactly how much effort went into a lot of this artwork.... Rather than say dash of a pic of a christmas pudding with a sprig of holly on top and call it Merry Christmas? Ele