Forum: Fractals

Subject: Apoophysis or Art?

TonyYeboah opened this issue on Dec 20, 2005 ยท 96 posts

dgrundy posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 5:41 PM

May I just add my halfpence worth of comment !? ;-) To me an artistic image is simply that, whether it be computer generated or hand-painted on canvas. As for fractals, I am a relative newcomer to the world. I started out about a year ago using a program called Tierazon later moving on to use the program Fractal Explorer, which I still use today.

When I first started I had absolutely no idea as to what would make a 'good' fractal image so I suppose all of my 'good' ones were arrived at by accident rather than by design. And that accidental aspect is still true today to some extent. However I am less likely today to create an image just for the sake of it. I now try to introduce themes and styles for my fractal works, and I like to think that I have some idea as to what I want to achieve before I start. In particular I try to create fractals with a 3D effect and ones which use geometry and areas of contrasting colour to form 'pictures' My recent and ongoing 'Chambers' series (Rosity Fractal Alternative gallery) is an example of the former.

David