Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is your opinion of the list?

Mock opened this issue on Dec 31, 2005 ยท 133 posts

momodot posted Sat, 31 December 2005 at 4:38 PM

Not to be a sicko, but I understand from BBC etc that in the US an "age of consent" that ranges from eleven years old to sixteen years old depending on the local jurisdiction. US crime shows on TV have it that an 18 year old engaged in consensual relations with a seventeen year old can be charged for "statutory rape" and that "inter-state transportation of a minor for lewd purposes" is a federal crime. What does "age of consent" mean exactly in the US? Such low ages mystify and frighten me. I would not go with someone in their twenties even though I am not yet forty... far too creepy. What the hell does fourteen being the age of consent mean? How do such laws relate to images such as of Miki in its default form? It seems that the vulnerable children are not protected from abuse but images of even a wholesome nature can be proscribed. Many have attributed Vicky's lack of genitals to DAZ being in Utah but I understand that in Utah it is legal for very young girls, children even, to be forcibly "married" to older men. Can any one explain the meaning of age of consent, image of a minor, and representation of a minor in US terms?