Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is your opinion of the list?

Mock opened this issue on Dec 31, 2005 ยท 133 posts

ynsaen posted Sat, 31 December 2005 at 5:51 PM

Someone needs to give the Rosity Admin team some education in understanding the norms of other cultures. Why? ...does the Rosity Admin team even care? Yes. A more accurate question would be "what do they care about?" As it stands, the ban on MIKI is an insult to Asian women adn, indirectly, to all women blessed with smaller than average breasts. My particular feelings about how they feel about women reside publically in the Community Center forum. Have for a long while, now, and this is nothing new. They should come clean with their agenda: either, no naked promo pics at all in the store, even on pages 2 and 3, or they should ban all of those that are clearly under age, including, as SVDL points out, Luke and Laura. Luke and Laura are already under the previous ban. THis list is an expansion of that. As for an agenda, you make an assumption there without merit. What evidence of an agenda have you seen thus far? And EJ looks like she's about 14 years old to me. This is actually the issue -- folks disagree with the interpretation of the renderosity admins, who are likely erring on the side of caution. Their site, their rules. Being a private site don't save them from people being upseted, from bashings and from whingeings. No, it doesn't. BUt it does mean that we, as their guests/members, folks hanging out, should provide them with the courtesy of respecting that decision and not calling them foul names. Well, at least not outright and on their boards. Seems sorta rude to walk into someone's house and call them nasty names. THen again, this is christmas, and family traditions include lots of variants. When Censorship knocks on the door and you let him in, Don't bitch when he moves in and takes over. ROFL. Censorship is exercised by everyone, everyday of their lives. Government censorship is what you should be referring to. NOt the individual exercising of personal preference by individuals -- which is censorship. Pot? Kettle? What does "age of consent" mean exactly in the US? It varies according to the purpose in question and the ZJurisdiction. Overall age of sexual consent in the US is 18, in keeping with federal rules (not law, rules). COnsent to marry is governed by the individual jurisdictions. AOC for Voting, smoking, drinking, and similar things also varies according to federal and local statutes, depending. RO is located in Tennessee, which is nominally a "southern state", and is also an Appalaichian (sp?) state, where there's a history of some unusually low AOC's for various activities that the area has for several decades been trying to overcome since it is an unfair stigma. What gives the lowest common denominator in this culture so much power? And why do administrators in this society always bow to its tyranny? Is it cowardice and stupidity or just plain greed and contempt? Democracy, self preservation, and none of the above. ...Torture and abductions of innocent people conducted by US institutions all over the world are condoned by most of the population,... Evidence of this available, or is this observational opinion? I will persist in thinking that the naked body, at any age, is the most dignified and the most outrageously beautiful creation ever. And I will continue to resist the tyranny of the lowest of the low, who would redefine it by dragging it down to the depths of their moral or esthetic levels. Most excellent. Um, this pertains to the current situation in what way exactly?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)