Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is your opinion of the list?

Mock opened this issue on Dec 31, 2005 ยท 133 posts

ynsaen posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 12:56 AM

"Inane and needlessly paternalistic answer, doesn't even meet the industry standards." I agree without reservation. But it's the one they gave us. And it is the answer. "What does this change of policy portends? THAT is what most of us are asking and are worried about." Well, that would require speculation. Which, given that none of us have access to the full range of data, would require assumptions, which, when combined would lead to nothing getting figured out and likely a fair amount of misinformation dispersed (if you'll forgive my own speculation there). "When the administration wishes to pacify or placate they describe this site as a community. Few communities accept change without demanding to know the reasons behind the changes and how it will affect the future." I'll confess I'm horrifically jaded here, and do not, and have not, considered renderosity itself a community for many a long year. Too many of these types of issues have worn me a tad thin, so, I'll have to bow out there as I'll lose what little objectivity I have. The Community is a hell of a lot bigger than just renderosity, and is most assuredly not subject to the whims and caprices of the small team in charge of the store here. "I think one could say that any Poser model sold as a child or (horrible term) "young adult" could be placed on the list without any subjective decision making." Well... Ok, ya got a heck of a point there, lol. This list itself, however, well, that's definitely a subjective thing. Then again, maybe it's just a most likely a subjective thing. Ok -- I, personally, don't see how it could possibly be anything but subjective, as a whole, since someone had to sit and decide "what figures usually look too young in these promos?" THe kids are probably a given (although I've managed to get some decently adult looking Lauras and Lukes, and I wouldn't call some of Thorne and Sarsa's work on the old Milgrils kids), but hey -- ya know, it's a blanket ruling.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)