Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Starting Now: The Great Poser User Survey

ynsaen opened this issue on Jan 01, 2006 ยท 49 posts

kobaltkween posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 4:15 PM

let me first say that this is a really comprehensive survey and doubtless will serve as a helpful tool to many people in the community, not just merchants. actually, you don't ask what people will pay for. you ask what they want. that's completely different. for example, i actually noticed as i was filling it out that i can't represent at all that i tend to buy and pay more for utilities that do centralized tasks. do i want a utility? i can't think of any i need right now, no. but if this year is anything like the last one, more than one person will come up with utilities that i absolutely need once i learn about them. what i actually want before i see products is only midrange on my buying criteria. i think it's actually pretty low on most consumer's buying criteria. that's why advertising works. the top merchant listing in rendo kind of shows that it's not about type of products. BAT, face_off, morris, ratracer and posermatic all make totally different types of products, but they sell well because they're all viewed as "quality" merchants. i didn't get to say anything in your survey about how i determine a product's quality. if you wanted to find out why people spend money on different things, you might have a quickie poll like the ones on the aery soul site some time ago. they asked what was most important to people: (sorry, the polls are gone, have to do this from memory) realistic folds, movement morphs, fit morphs, textures, etc. and ask about past buying behavior, not what people think they. also, people very rarely predict their own behavior accurately. if you do any quickie polls (instead of this well-thought out and complete survey), you might ask more about past buying behavior. why do i post all this? because i don't buy at all at odd ditty foundry. i always want to because of the spirit of the people behind it. i always look at odd ditty product promos in the daz forums. the type of items are right, the prices of the items are right, and i still have 0 urge to buy. and i don't think your survey points to any of the reasons i spend money on what i spend on. please don't take this as just being negative about your survey. i think it's very good, and very thorough. i'm impressed at your work. but my responses are very far from my own buying habits and criteria, and the questions are far from my observations of buying behavior.