Forum: Fractals

Subject: Apoophysis or Art?

TonyYeboah opened this issue on Dec 20, 2005 ยท 96 posts

thomas998 posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 7:45 PM

Earlier in the thread someone quite rightly points out that your simply changing parameters. Very true, your not using a pen/pencil or brush; however by that arguement Music isn't really art either. After all in music, your not creating anything from nothing. Your taking an instrument and manipulating it, with a synth your often just tweaking parameters. Does that mean that music isn't art? At the most basic level of music your just setting about parameters that a person or computer will playback... Art is art to each person. I've seen canvas painted one damned color, I'm told that not only is it art but very expensive art. From my point of view it was just a color sample with no more merit than the color sample I got from Home Depot when I painted my living room. But again, to some it was art. So, are flames art? Well, I would guess that to the person that thought the one color painting was art - flames aren't art (until one sells for a million bucks at Christy's). I would suspect that for people that don't like over educated and under brain celled telling them what art is - flames can be art. Some flames aren't it just depends on how the flame moves your heart. As for it merely being a tweaking parameter, try and recreate one of the really good ones by just tweaking parameters and moving triangles. It's a lot harder than it looks to get the really good ones.