Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Long Time Members

tastiger opened this issue on Jan 06, 2006 ยท 122 posts

igohigh posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 8:46 PM

I believe I joined here around a year before they changed the server and we all had to re-join. I remember more then 1000 members in the forum at once would bring the server to a crawl (I think average at any one time then was around 300~400 on a busey day). I remember Fairywoods and PoserWorld, and I remember when they joined together and then fell apart and then closed their doors. I remember when PropsGuild was free and adding stuff at an alarming rate. I remember MorphWorld version 1 and the birth of Eve4 and the birth of DAZ and Bbay. And shall I dare say that I remember when wee fairies flew threw the forums without anyone even dreaming of throwing stones at one, and no one ever refered to other sites as "That other place". I remember when both Poser and Bryce were owned by MetaCreations then the coming of CouriousLabs and now e-frontier. I remember all the discussions of woe and doom with coming of each. I remember when everyone hated Victoria, the Stephanie the "man-woman", and how everyone blasted Victoria 2 but most seemed to like Stephanie Peteit. I remember reading Dr Geep's first tutorial and saying "WOW! Now it actually makes sense!". I remember the discovery of Tile Mapping in UVMapper, the little Easter Egg Steve Cox forgot to tell us about. Anyway, those are some of the things I remember. Now as for Anton's mention of "dirt"....do you really want me to dig up some more old stuff??