Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Long Time Members

tastiger opened this issue on Jan 06, 2006 ยท 122 posts

byAnton posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:50 PM

Yeah dirt is fun.

ANyway, so many names are on the tip of my tobhue, half remembered names of people who were around for years and vanished. So many have disappeared. I try to think whenever there was a significant shift in thinking, trends, etc I would venture to guess we are towards the end of the 4th age of Poser.

First Age of Poser:
Poser1 and 2
(Small but growing userbase. Community is born)

Second Age of Poser
Poser2 and 3
(Community grows and learns. People trying radical things to make the most of it. Poser3 causes huge surge of new users.)

Third Age of Poser
Poser4 and ProPack
(Lots of education and tutorials. Everyone learning and most contributing. Birth of Brokerages, site wars, commercial resentment, and grudgematches. OT forums, TOS, and warez prodominant issues. Poserdom goes commercial big-time)

Fourth Age of Poser
Poser5 and 6
(Blogs appear. Bipolar people inherit the forums, mods with agendas, rampant phychos and quiet intrigues. Merchants go quiet and stop posting. Market starts shrinking faster to balance fast growth of third age.)

So this year or next enter the Fifth age of Poser. ALways fun to speculate and watch. I forecast deamons, crusades, and asteroids. I see war in the clouds. lol.

Message edited on: 01/06/2006 23:53

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....