Forum: Bryce

Subject: What merits do you judge anothers work by?

zappazorn opened this issue on Jan 07, 2006 ยท 47 posts

zappazorn posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:31 PM

I dont belive imagination is something you either have or you dont, everyone has it. Just not evryone has the ability to access it. The only way to access it is through letting go. If you learn the ability to remove yourself from all concepts, to let go of everything you know, everythin you been taught, you then remove the barriers placed in the mind that box the imagination in, and with no barriers no limits. All of our preconieved notions of how things should be, everything dumped into the mind creates a box, in that box is limited room. Let go of all preconcieved notions, all concepts and the box disappears, all that is left is infinite freedom to explore. Striving:"Lastly, This is an art site. Art is for the mind, of course, but to get to the mind it comes through the eyes. And for me, I would rather gaze at a wonderfully done work of a simple idea, than an interesting creative idea that looks terrible." But what is terrible? What is beauty? If you can transcend all concepts of what something is, all things in the world become wonderous. From that state of mind you could see the wonder in a dog turd. Imsgine that! This world is truly a wonderous thing, it goes beyond any Bryce image I have seen. I'm not talking exclusively about 3d art, im talking about all forms of art, painting, music etc. In my opinion the best art, the truest art is the art the is created from a mind of no concepts, no preconcieved notions of what anything is suppose to be or how anything is suppose to look. Just the expression of the pure mind.