Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: Holiday contest results a joke?

JLyons opened this issue on Dec 21, 2005 ยท 29 posts

jpiazzo posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 7:15 PM

Hi everyone, I just stumbled onto this thread - I hope it's not too stale! I don't know about the fairness issue - Ill let more experienced contest people hash that out. This was my first, and I was just happy to get in. If it were not for the deadline extension (computer problems on my end) a week worth of work would have been down the drain! Well, not really I learned allot and had fun in the process. What I missed about the process was community feedback. I really would like to know what Everyone here - not just the judges - thought of my entry. I think that it might be cool to add some kind of post-contest - community feedback section (such as in the gallery) where we all could post comments and talk about individual works. OR even a Post-judged - "Community favorite award" category could be added. Just a thought. Anyway - I got 1st runner-up in the Animation Category.. (Always the best man - never the groom.... ER, well once..but NEVER again!). http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=605&ShowQuestion=19300 This was my first attempt at anything complex using Poser and Animation. The Main character is a proto-type figure for another project - based on Jessi, and I wanted to put her through her paces. Not bad considering almost all her face morphs mysteriously vanished halfway through the project! Got to trouble shoot that one! I like the overall look, it was what I was going for - a kind of Painterly, almost Cell feel. Almost everything that does not move is 2-D in photoshop, and alot of the lighting effects were enhanced in After-effects. The original story was cut from almost 2 min to fit the contest. That cat jumped around alot more (boy, cats are tough to animate!) and a whole family "beamed" in at the end with presents! Feedback? JP