Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: Holiday contest results a joke?

JLyons opened this issue on Dec 21, 2005 ยท 29 posts

Redcore posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:03 PM

LMAO! Wow, you jumped into hypocracy quick!... (quotes by NightVision the great :L) 1) Ok, I have to be honest here. None of the people who posted here would make good judges because they can't accept the outcome did not mirror their own. THEN RIGHT AFTER.... 2)To be even more honest, I followed the link of where people posted who they thought who should win. If any of those would have one I would have been sick and there would have been riots. -- For me, it wasnt that the results didn't look like results that I would have picked. Not at all. Everyone has differen tastes...and that is what makes art great and makes famous the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ... that's fantastic. It was just that the results were so...odd...that lots of people took notice. If Lil didn't take notice herself, she wouldn't have suggested the idea she did. I do agree that the theme needs to be tighter. There was a few things that I thought were questionable...and some people would make an image and explain that it was each of the past present and future based on a very loose story that doesn't really relate to the picture. The pictures NEED to speak for the themselves, not the explaination! It would also be easier for the judges to do a better job judging because you wouldn't have wildcard themes that really shouldn't be in the contest to begin with...which makes people upset when they see winners that didn't follow the rules (seen a few myself in this one even). So, good suggestion.