Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Opinions wanted on DAZ's Cyclorama and RDNA's IC3/Microcosm

Elfwine opened this issue on Jan 10, 2006 ยท 19 posts

ynsaen posted Tue, 10 January 2006 at 6:17 PM

I tend to use microcosm and IC3 along with the custom landscape settings from Odd Ditty Foundry, since they can all use the microcosm MAT files and belnd in to the restof it really well. I'll often use the RDNA Skydome, as well, as I don't like the fact that the Cyclorama limits both my vertical and horizontal camera angle options, and always seems flat to me. With thing slike the ODF shrubs or the Modulaz expansions for Microcosm for background plants, and Transpond's incredible plants for upfront, the ability to create a great looking background is pretty much a series of clicks away, even if you don't use the morphs for all those things. And you aren't limited with them like you are the cyclorama and such -- you can use any camera angle, and save them for later use, as well (just add the whole scene to your figures library). IF it was me, I'd say forget the cyclorama - but I do understand the temptation of it, lol: it's quick and looks good. But then, it also looks like everyone elses...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)