Forum: Fractals

Subject: Apoophysis or Art?

TonyYeboah opened this issue on Dec 20, 2005 ยท 96 posts

Deagol posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 11:06 PM

Not quite the end. I have been there and done that on Deviantart and I want to share my impressions. I like the interface, journal/blog and format for the messages and comments. The format of the site is very good. I can see why it has become so popular. On any given day the fractal gallery looks like a nicely rendered random batch with a few spiral scripts thrown in. I know, there are a lot of beginners there and I am cool with that, but that place is beyond a lot. It's mostly. Someone left a comment on one of my images, welcoming me and saying that the average age is about 15. At the time I thought that they were kidding. Then I saw that one of the moderators for the fractal gallery is 18. I'm sure he's a talented kid, even if he is younger than both of my children. I am not saying that having all of those kids there is good or bad. I just don't think that I fit there. I'm a grandpa. This place has a range of experience and thankfully the gallery isn't all flames. There you would be hard pressed to find an XD image. On a good day the UF images are probably about 1 in 50. I was intrigued by a comment that someone left on a simple UF image. They asked if the artist had to write a script to come up with the image - as in, apo script. That bothered me a little because it's an indicator that the newcomers believe that apo is all there is, but we have already talked about that.