Forum: Fractals

Subject: Apoophysis or Art?

TonyYeboah opened this issue on Dec 20, 2005 ยท 96 posts

Rykk posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 9:13 PM

Personally, I didn't say anything about the ages of the fractallists at DVA - just the people sending in all the photos of themselves at DVA. You're right - it is the younger fractallists who will take this artform to "new levels". And of course there nothing wrong with "hanging out" at both places - how could there be??? That said, my thing is that I just don't have time to do both places - I've not even been around HERE very much lately, except to put my foot in my mouth in this forum :-) - and I didn't find the place to be substantially different in the way things "worked" than here nor any more about art and less about "community" than most other digital art sites. I'm not saying whether that's a good thing or a bad thing - it's just how I saw it. Just a different group of people to fit into. There did seem to be a lot more contact between the numerous admins there and the general populace but they are a bigger operation because they charge for subscription and offer the print service, etc. I reckon that's because they can pay their admins (I don't think ours get paid but I could be wrong) and they have those all-points messages that show up in your community messages page every month. I reckon it's the same here but you have to go to the Frontpage and forums rather than them sending messages to you. Six of one.... Anyhow, I just wasn't bowled over by the place after the newness wore off but maybe I'm just spoiled by being here for so long and like my "comfort zone" - lol Rick