Forum: Photography

Subject: *** in dedication..

cynlee opened this issue on Jan 16, 2006 ยท 72 posts

Margana posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:07 AM

Well-said Cindy. I just think it is the nature of the artist to crave total freedom of expression and abhor any form of censorship.I believe that is why so many here are outraged. Unfortunately ,we must all bear in mind,we are part of a community here,and ALL communities need some form of structure.That is only achieved with guidelines,and yes,restrictions on some behaviors.If everyone was allowed to do just as he pleased,this site would be in total chaos. I will miss Brian,perhaps as much as the next person,but I think the drama,the threats of leaving,etc. are missing the point of Brian's art.Brian was at his most effective when he expressed himself through his art,with wonderful wit and great intellect.If people want to honor him,they should try to learn from him.We have a wonderful medium of expression available to us in photography,and we can use it as he did,not only to make 'pretty pictures',but also as a perfect venue for social commentary.And that can be even more effective,if done with subtlety and intelligence... It pays to remember,a picture can indeed be worth a thousand words...Brian knows that...If we want to truly honor him,then we should allow his fine work,the work we were fortunate enough to have seen here at Rendorosity,exist now as inspiration and motivation to all of us. Marlene

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno