Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: cr2 hacks for newbies and know-nots like me. Mobility at last.

richardson opened this issue on Jan 16, 2006 ยท 32 posts

Parthius posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:50 PM

"I don't quite understand the basic end result...what exactly does this accomplish?" The main thing it accomplishes is a 'simple' way to make a new morph that crosses body part seams. For example, if I want to rework the upper arm and collar, I can export both parts as objs and work on the morph. The issue is the seam between the two parts opening up, which happens with most any smoothing operation. Much easier to work on the full (seamless) mesh. Unfortunately, Poser won't export a single mesh with the same vertex count and order (if there is a way, somebody please tell me how!!!) The obvious alternative is to work on the original obj. The biggest drawback of this approach is that you can't use an existing Daz morph as a starting point. "you're aware, of course, that the modified geometry means that old morphs don't work anymore." Since the vertex count and order are unchanged, the old morphs will work just fine! (They will be additive to what was done to the mesh in ZB of course, but they are additive anyway).