Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: TEKPRO

sittingblue opened this issue on Jan 19, 2006 ยท 17 posts

mickmca posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 8:16 AM

$434 for that? reasonable.
There are times when the Poser community's idea of "overpriced" is amusing. Anyone who wants to "compete" should have fun finding out what the equipment costs.

Reminds me of the university propeller-head standing in front of one of the first laser printers (the size of a truck) and explaining to me that one of laser printing's merits was "it's practically free!" He meant, of course, free for him. The university paid a quarter mil for his toy, and it used more electricity than an afternoon of TV to print a page. And his "perfect" pages he was trying to sell us on (we were there as part of the book publishing division) were of roughly the quality of photostats. Not that quality meant anything to him.

A local company does exactly what TEKPRO does, which has its major application in defense contracting, and when I was working on their web site, the guy who brought me in offered to make me a 12" statue of a favorite Poser image of mine. Street price would have been a few hundred bucks, if they'd been willing to work on such a small scale.

How appropriate, and original, that the picture with the story is a NJWSOP, rather than a NVITWS. For less than $100 (4" model), we can bring our latest randy cliches to life!

M

Message edited on: 01/19/2006 08:19