Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: !! AND NOW THE NODES!!! The moment You've been waiting for!

takezo3001 opened this issue on Jan 19, 2006 ยท 84 posts

PoseWorks posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:59 PM

"I purchased Shader Spider when it first came out. With my going and coming from the Sea, I'm still not really up on it's use. I just did the 1.5 update. Could you please explain a wee bit on the usage of the FXMat????" In its first update, ShaderSpider's partial shaders gained the ability to wedge themselves in between the PoserSurface and other nodes (like texture maps). I refer to partial shaders that do this as "wedge shaders". Now, you can have material library files that apply partial shaders and wedge shaders, called FXMATs. FXMATs can be loaded from the material library to apply partial/wedge shaders to a figure. You can use ShaderSpider's new FXMAT Builder to (1) add an FX6 file that you want applied by the FXMAT, then (2) choose which materials on the figure that the FXMAT should apply to, and (3) repeat for each additional FX6 file you want the FXMAT to apply. FXMATs can be loaded from any runtime, provided that either ShaderSpider 1.5 or ShaderSpider LE is installed to the main P6 Runtime of the user. To use an FXMAT: 1) Load your figure, apply texture maps as desired. (You can use FXMATs on props as well) 2) Select a body part (or the Body) of the figure if it is not already selected. 3) Apply the FXMAT from your material library. The custom node setup then will be applied as specified in the FXMAT and its referenced FX6 files. This particular FXMAT is designed for DAZ generation 3 people. You can use ShaderSpider 1.5 to create a new FXMAT for any figures with other material setups.