Forum: Community Center

Subject: Marketplace Wishlist improvements and more!!!!

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 17, 2006 ยท 123 posts

Lyne posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 4:31 PM

I clicked on a banner today, with interest in some clothing for Aiko...there were NO other images, but the main one and I too HATE the small font, and layout...I was not really sure if the clothing was just for Aiko, or V3 too.... I put the item in my wish list but I do NOT feel like shopping here.... the old layout was soooo user friendly!! I READ the reviews to help decide... I see no reason the LAYOUT cannot be the same? The links to PURCHASE are the critical part (I know, I have a store)... I also took another look at shopping in general...I am sorry I am totally over whelmed by all the thumbs for things I care nothing about... I just look and want to run away...! I noted that to even find the CATEGORIES I had to click on the word POSER- and it took a long time - then all the poser word/links for figures, and other sections were listed...but again...it's just not visually easy to use... In a VISUAL medium, it is critical to display the products well....if I wanted to shop at the drug store, clothing store (real human) or toy store, I would expect rows and rows of thumbs like this... BUT even those stores have a LOT OF DESCRIPTION and information, and larger views to click on... But again, ours is a GRAPHICS environment so the display is paramount! That was a major decision when I built my store (I am the web builder)- NOT to go with the forced layout of the merchant software. I am sorry, I can see myself shopping here MUCH LESS, definitely no spontaneous purchases...only if I see something used in some art, trust the opinion of the artist, and THEN I may purchase just that one item.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!