Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poserworld-Steve Shanks

Philywebrider opened this issue on Jan 25, 2006 ยท 45 posts

steveshanks posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 1:42 PM

I spoke with Allens wife today and found he has been rushed into hospital, he has been ill for a few months now and in and out of hospital, she discovered one of the servers had problems,after checking it and got onto the phone with Dell, they worked out a hard drive had gone down and instructed her on what to do, but whatever went on with all that has knocked the PW server offline (if memory serves me right there are 4 servers) and she doesn't know which is the PW server or how to repair it, please remember she has no computer knowledge, so shes is trying to get someone to repair it. Now i understand when people say its a business you can't just close because someone is sick, but remember we are a 3 people business, each of us with a clear and natural definition of what we do, we may dabble in each others areas but we never try to take over, being so small is what keeps the prices so low, working so well together is what has made it what it is, Today we are seeing the downside of that. Marque i never think of you as the bad guy, you just say what you mean and don't dance around with words, i respect that :o) Dave yes we will be extending the offer As i've said before we are here to stay, you need not worry about not getting models past or future I garunbloodytee you will get them....It does seem unfair for the lifetime members i wish i could extend those as mine runs out the same day :o) What i can say is we will have a huge update on the day (when i get stressed i model more and faster) we re-open so i hope that will go some way to making it up to you all, thanks everyone for your patience, understand and well wishes for Allen...Steve