Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question about Umotov's Store

Letterworks opened this issue on Jan 26, 2006 ยท 189 posts

Blackhearted posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 9:42 PM

" Can anyone provide a complete list of which products are on the "bad" list? I have one item in my purchase list that is a collaboration between U and Orion1167..." " Frankly, I would want to know the products that have been proven to be infringements. I own a few of his (Umutov) earlier products from this store and I want to know if they are safe to use..." "If you have purchased any of the affected items, you will have received a refund. If you have purchased other items which aren't in violation, then you may continue to use them. Karen" i must interject here. the following products were removed for including material from my GND2 pack, as well as material from Daz: DownUnderGirls: Nell (both RO & PP versions) DownUnderGirls: Rui (both RO & PP versions) Mikazuki (RO) Aiko19 (PP original) now i spotted 3 infringements both here and at poserpros. i noticed other infringements as well, however i did not report them all because the first 6 pulled were very blatant ripoffs and i wanted this case resolved as quickly and smoothly as possible. the first 6 were clearcut cases of infringement, while others were more obscure - i did not want a defense mounted on the harder to spot ones and deliberately diverting attention from the blatant ones. this does not mean that the rest of his store is 'perfectly OK'. there are at least two more that i saw in there that are highly suspect of using my morph, and there were some products pulled from PP that highly resembled AS Shanim's material yet they had no chance to examine them before the store was yanked. now i dont want to make this into a huge issue which shakes customer confidence, so im willing to let the others go until i see him start to set up shop elsewhere. but that hardly entitles anyone to assure people that the rest of his store is 'safe'. before my copyright claims were filed he already had a claim by a pretty big merchant, and one of his products was pulled. then my claim removed 6 products across his 2 stores here and at poserpros. i saw at least 2 more i didnt report, yet. thats nearly half his store. youre going to tell me that with such a track record you are going to give him the benefit of the doubt on the rest of his items? cheers, -gabriel