Forum: Challenge Arena

Subject: January Challenge: Delicate

gunsan opened this issue on Jan 10, 2006 ยท 100 posts

hauksdottir posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 6:01 PM

Pam, I've looked over the yousendit site and aside from placing cookies, they appear fine. Sometimes if I have to take a cookie to get to a report or news article, I'll go into the computer and just delete it when done. So, send me your preferred addy, I'll try yousendit, and we'll see how this works! ************************** As to the "bluesteel" flake, in PhotoShop 6, under Layer Styles: Inner bevel, smooth, 200%; a custom gloss contour (almost the mirror of #10); color dodge highlight and multiply shadow with light and dark blues... this gives a metallic look. The bevel contour is straight, the texture is nubby (you can use clouds or crystals, just reduce the depth so it doesn't overwhelm the structure). Satin is bright blue, overlay, the contour is #9 inverted. Color is sky blue, normal, at 23% opacity. Gradiant is the yellow-to-blue pastel, normal, 100% opacity, radial... you can play with scale to shift the gradiant in and out. :) Apply that to a white selection, and you should get something close.:) I'll try different blending modes or scaling depths or adding noise... and when I stumble on a style I like, even if it won't work for the project at hand, I'll save it off to the style palette. Even if I don't quite know what is going on mathematically with the functions, recognizing neat effects is easy! Carolly