Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Distort-free UV mapping? Possible? Tools needed? Please share some you knowhow

thip opened this issue on Mar 24, 2001 ยท 21 posts

DCArt posted Sat, 24 March 2001 at 10:48 AM

To expand upon a question that I asked in the ZBrush thread, let's say I use DP/TW to add advanced mapping to a standard Poser figure (P4 man or woman, Victoria, Michael, clothing, etc). I then apply the texture and use it for myself, and all is great. But then later on I decide I want to sell or share this texture map. In order to do that, it seems that I have to use UV Mapper to create a UVS file that I can distribute with my texture map, so that other people can take the texture and apply it to their own standard P4 characters (because I cannot distribute the OBJ file as written out of Deep Paint 3D). As Lemurtek said above, DP/TW triangulates the model, so it seems the geometry is altered. The 3D object from DP imports into UV Mapper just fine, and you can create a UVS file. But when you try to apply that UVS file to the standard P4 geometry, it doesn't work (at least, it hasn't for as many times as I've tried ). Maybe UV Mapper Pro will be the answer (crosses fingers) ... or does anyone know of a workaround? Denise