Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Great Poser Survey Results

ynsaen opened this issue on Feb 13, 2006 ยท 84 posts

ynsaen posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 1:18 AM

I'm aware of that Tunesy. And that's factored into the survey. It's factored into any survey that is meant to cover a particular group. Although I'm ill equipped to explain it in detail, basically, each person's answer is effectively good for 3 or more people depending on several other factors (such as the population sample being looked at). By compiling several statistical results over a space of time, you slowly increase the accuracy level of the survey and require a smaller sample of the population in order to achieve an accurate portrayal. So not filling out a survey doesn't skew the results -- it's only the completed ones that actually skew it. From there, algorithms based on comparative areas or developed specifically to that grouping can be used, increasing the overall accuracy. For my personal analysis, I use a series developed from Software upgrade survey's done between 1991 and 2003. Once again -- it comes down to whether or not ya trust the source. If you don't trust the data, then ignore it. If you do, then use it. I trust the data. Its good stuff, and very useful, and while I'm surprised at a lot of the things that I'm pulling out of it (for example, the age-spending-fave figures info) it also still fits in with what I've observed within the community overall. but, above and beyond everything else: this is fun. I enjoy it -- all the business stuff aside, it's really cool jsut to see the info :D Gives us a better picture of the sort of community we are -- and it's a grand one :D

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)