Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Great Poser Survey Results

ynsaen opened this issue on Feb 13, 2006 ยท 84 posts

ynsaen posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 11:21 AM

Well, it might look that way, but that's incorrect. There's a critical response point for polling. That response point is 600. Statistically speaking, a response point of 600 gives you a significance of 1000, meaning that it can be applied, with reasonable certitude to a base of 6 million people. 600 responses is the minimum required by most major polling houses, and in general they cull duplicates from there. Its a funky area, statistical polling -- but yes, John, I can say that the results apply within a roughly 8% variable to the entire community. Can I say what an individual will think? No. THere's no means of doing that. Can I say what the community as a whole will think? Yeah. Human group dynamics does follow known patterns that can be quantified. Your argument seems valid, but it isn't. And I'm not able to effectively refute it without getting into a class on sociological statistics. You can, however, google it out to your hearts content :)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)