Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: an improvement (?) on her birthday suit...

Blackhearted opened this issue on Feb 12, 2006 ยท 19 posts

Blackhearted posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 12:59 PM

ive added another file to the pack p4convert_unsupported.zip its basically for people who are intermediate/advanced users and yet still want to use the pack on P4. or, for those that have P5 but have a copy of P4 around, or perhaps on their laptop, and still use it. its unsupported, but as far as ive tested 95% of the products functionality remains in Poser4. unfortunately i wont be able to do this for all my future releases primarily because they will have dynamic components which will not work in P4. specularity maps, advanced shaders, displacement maps, etc can be sacrified in poser4 and still result in a usable product... dynamic clothing cant. P5/P6 are really vast improvements on P4 - if anyone hasnt switched yet i highly recommend them. i used to be a total P4-nazi: i absolutely refused to switch to P5 and when i did i never used the firefly renderer. now that i have been using it more though, theres no way im switching back - there are so many great features in p5/p6 that add a lot of depth, realism and life to your renders. unfortunately the undying popularity of P4 is holding back poser product development as merchants have to pass up some great innovations and techniques as well as waste days of their time adapting products to Poser4 (which could be better spent adding more content to their packs), for an archaic program which doesnt even use the same file formats. cheers, -gabriel