Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Great Poser Survey Results

ynsaen opened this issue on Feb 13, 2006 ยท 84 posts

ynsaen posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 9:22 PM

Some quick notes: This survey cost 114 dollars. I paid for that. It was advertised through google and msn using fairly common keywords, and the link was passed through legal and advertising circles as well. There were over 18,300 unique visits. There were over 700 responses. Duplicates were culled. There were 2100 attempts to complete the survey. Rosity and animotions featured the survey in their newsletters which have a higher percentage of non-forum readers and greater response -- 60% of the survey responses came after that exposure. There were no active forum posts during those times. The one area I was unable to get the survey to that I know poser is used in is educational circles -- and I wasn't trying for the pre-viz market in general. All effective polls require a base. Regardless of the specific type of survey, all polls currently conducted today are built up on top of and utilize existing data from previously collected sample data -- in some cases stretching back 18 years for marketing, and 3 to 6 for political depending on the nature of the poll. That initial base sample did not exist for this particuar group until now. That initial base sample is always pretty much conducted exactly like this one. That baseline is critical to the developmetn of a core dataset that is then grown and refined. Average sample refinement runs over 6 to 12 runs in order to reach an accuracy level of less than 3%. 3 to 5 runs to get below 5%. The people active in the forums across the ten most frequented sites comprise less than 1% of an estimated 300,000 installed and active community users. You can nit pick and quibble all ya want. I'm known for doing something similar, so I understand the impulse. However, you weren't aware of those points above. I'm going to conduct the next survey in either April or June (I'm still parital to June, but the new software I have for the surveys is really incredible and might speed the process up a great deal). THe survey will be easier to take, but somewhat longer. It won't error out, and there will be additional capabilities for portection of information (it uses a non-identificable cookie so you can return to and complete). Each time I do the survey, I'm going to continue my quest to expand on the dataset and increase the accuracy. That's the way the methodology works, and not only is it sound, but its know to produce more accurate measures. As I've said before -- you'll get the value you want out of it. There's good value there. A lot of it. If you are predisposed to think it valueless, well, ain't nothin I'm gonna say is gonna change your mind, and I've forgotten that a couple times. Its good data. Its public data. I've got four sponsors for the next edition's freebies. I'm looking to get 10 total. They would provide some sort of free item as the incentive and it would be exclusive to the poll. IF anyone is interested, you can contact me through IM or email here. Again -- thanks to everyone who took the survey. Enjoy the data. I'll be back again with more...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)