Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Beauty Queen hair, any reviews?

sturkwurk opened this issue on Feb 15, 2006 ยท 16 posts

puddykat posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 3:22 PM

I do not have this hair but I see the promo images are soft focus. There is probably a reason for this. I bought Classic Hair by Neftis and have never been able to use it. It was an expensive hair but the promo images were soft focus. The hair in clear renders shows bizarre translucency that can be discerned in the promo once you realize that it is not an effect of the post-work haze of the promo. I have not been able to rectify this translucence problem in trying to correct the texture and transparency maps my self, the maps simply do not contain enough value range to permit correction by contrast and gamma adjustment or levels, they are also quite simply blurry. The creator did not respond to my polite inquiry. I went to DAZ and looked at the hair you are considering, it shows the same strange tubular forms, odd transparency, and unrealistic texturing in the promos, look carefully. It looks like a nice hair for middle shots but I doubt it will hold up to close-up render. Even in the mid-shots of the promo the strange blurriness and translucence is evident. This hair might be suitable for you... but I consider Neftis hair to be second generation Poser 4 hair, nothing like that of Mr. Maya, Koziburo, or 3Dream. I must repeat that I have not used this particular hair but I suggest you look closely at the promo "renders" and determine if the oddness that does not result from the post-work is acceptable to you. I am sorry to speak ill of a vendor but there it is.