Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Great Poser Survey Results

ynsaen opened this issue on Feb 13, 2006 ยท 84 posts

ynsaen posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 8:39 AM

sigh The less than 1% does not prove your point. The number of respondents is greater than the overall number of active Poser/D|S specific posters across the top ten sites. If the only place the survey had been advertised was inthe forums, this may be the case. It was not the only place -- those costs were associated with advertising it. All survey's are self selecting. Yes, all. Survey's are taken strictly on the basis of willingness to do so. Your concern is the random sample being representative of the overall user base. I believe it is, you do not. We both have valid reasons for our beliefs. Only time will say which of us is correct. As a matter of policy, the NCPP also opposes several other forms of polling, and for a very simple reason: the organization exists in order to further the goals of the members, who generally resent online polling. A great many established places do. To an extent, I feel that way as well. However, there's no other means available to do so that I'm aware of that wouldn't involve sizeable investment of the sort that would preclude the release of the data freely and publically. If you have a methodology that you feel is going to be more effective, please feel free to conduct your own survey and release the results publically and freely. If you want the data, have at it. Weight and interpret it as you feel correct. I haven't provided any weighting, haven't given anything other than a couple of basic stats that I pulled from it rather quickly. That's the analysis part of the equation, and is up to the end user of the data. Tunesy -- yes, it was. Won't happen again. I'll see ya all in June, when I do the next one.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)