Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Great Poser Survey Results

ynsaen opened this issue on Feb 13, 2006 ยท 84 posts

ynsaen posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 4:42 PM

Carefully? ok, yeah, that's not a great answer. Alright, here's a basic rundown of what I'm doing slowly but surely. I'm slowly combining all the files into a single spreadsheet. The first, and most important file, is the "MainFile". The very first column in the mainfile is "ID". This is the key to assembling the whole thing. Each of the other files has 2 columns. One of those columns is "owner". The number in that column corresponds to the number of the ID in column one of the mainfile. I'm taking each of the secondary files and manually inserting them into new columns in my MainFile, but since all the secondary pages have multiple answers, I'm having to go slowly and do it bit by bit. In Excell, you can open each of the pages in a new "page" within a single file (I'm stuck using open office.org and not very familiar with how it works). THis allows you to actually use excell to tie them together without all the copy paste stuff, but I'm not certain how to do it from memory (but I know there is a tutorial on doing so at the microsoft office site). Once you get all the data together, you start collating it according to different questions that you are going to ask. FOr example, let's say that you want to know how many poser 6 users are using the figure Jessie. First, you'll need to isolate all the poser 6 users. Then, from them, you'll go through the Figures columns/sheets and find all the spots where they selected Jessie as a figure. You can expand the question, as well, and look at how many of them are of what age group, how much they are willing to spend on items for her, and even what Items they would most likely want to see for her. I will be the first person to admit that the information isn't easy to use. THe reason the database is is useful is that it allows you to simply create queries once it's structured. Without the database, you have to do things the old fashioned way, and I'm still creeping through the set up of it, myself. That said, I'm hoping to get it all set up as a db on my website, but then I'll have to come up with a query form and such, lol. Generally speaking, it's a case of count it up and divide by 609. That won't give you the most accurate results, but it will give you a good guideline on how things work in general.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)