Forum: Bryce

Subject: Thoughts on DAZ's Tell-Ware for what's it called?

draculaz opened this issue on Feb 19, 2006 ยท 35 posts

diolma posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 5:27 PM

"Hey people, you don't need to tell anybody. I told about it to couple tens of thousands people, so you're all covered. :-) Seriously, though, Rhino started with a public beta and worked by word of mouth from there. Tell-ware does work. And then, even if you clicked on the option, are they coming over to your house to check? I think you're getting into a kerfuffle about nothing. So what? One more box to check..." And many more of the above posts... I'm not interested in D|S, so I have no axe to grind. Does this mean that you have to agree to tell at last two other people about D|S in order to download (a free) product? If that's so, then what DAZ is doing here (if I understand it properly, I haven't tried to D/L it) is, if not illegal, immoral. They are inciting people to lie. They have no way of checking up if you don't do what you've agreed to do. They can't punish you if you don't comply. All you have to do is say "yeah, yeah, yeah", then go your own way regardless. If you agree to a condition for access to something, whether it be software or any other goods or service, the condition should be enforcible under law. And transgressors should be able to be punished. Since this doesn't apply to the above condition, then it is an incitement to lie. Which is immoral. Yup, DAZ is trying it on. It's just another dodgy sales technique. I, for one, find that sort of thing a disincentive to download in the 1st place. I agree with Drac - it's OTT and should be stamped on ASAP:-)) (just my rather long 2p=worth). Cheers, Diolma (Apologies in advance if I've got any of my facts wrong - I'm just responding to what I think the thread is about)