Forum: Fractals

Subject: Well, It's Finally Happened.

Kid_Fisto opened this issue on Feb 19, 2006 ยท 61 posts

Rykk posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 10:02 AM

I think that there just isn't much collaboration between the folks redoing Apo and anyone who knows UF. Sue Chambliss is really the only one who has tried to keep up with the changes but I'm pretty sure she's not "in the loop" and has had to insinuate herself into the dialogue. Actually, in terms of it's intended original use as a powerful tool to be used with UF, Apo is pretty much broken maybe beyond repair. I think the people writing the code now are operating from the standpoint/mindset that Apo is a stand-alone program. That's not anything "evil" or anything - just the way they see the program and that's probably the way they SHOULD see it as they program in more bells and whistles and take "ownership" of the process. So all of this has thrown the Apo/UF interface into disarray and brought on concerns that compositions - like your "Coral Reef"(s) and my "Galadriel's Muse" will ever be able to be brought up to print size or the files even opened in the future should we have need to do that. So, for compo's and "landscaping plant" flames, I'd go no further than Apo 2.02c and back up the ucl that works with those in like 3 places. There's always was a great divide between the way Apo calculated a flame and how UF did it and, with the newer x-forms, that divide may even be uncrossable? The things could be rebuilt in PS of apo rendered parts but we all know how what a kludge the PS scale/rotate/stretch functions are compared to the way UF does it....back to work! Rick