Forum: Carrara

Subject: Cuts and Loops? - What Carrara tools match the terminology in this tutorial???

arcady opened this issue on Feb 20, 2006 ยท 38 posts

arcady posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 2:22 PM

Ok, but you are cutting yourself short. If you do not have a good grounding in the basics every time you run into an unknown situation or an error you will end up being frustrated, not knowing why something is not working the way you think it should I know that... which is why it is further frustrating. The 'basics' of that tutorial at subdivision modeling, which I read through in full about a month ago, is nearly 80-100% concepts that do not exist in Carrara. All it did was start me on the path I've been on these past few days, wondering just how these things could be done when I couldn't find any of the things they covered over there at subdivision. Finding the tutorial at Daz was merely the 'last note' in a longer process... when I saw a tutorial that in essense employed the concepts I read at subdivision... and that brought me back to wanting to again know where they were in Carrara. I'm not sure I'm selling myself short by finding subdivision an ill fit for a Carrara user. It seems more like all it can do for a new user is confuse and misdirect them - getting me to think in the wrong paradigm. Half the replies to my present frustration have been 'you're doing this wrong thing for this app, correct your thinking' - which of course, is what I want to do... and if I follow subdivision's method that just won't be possible. But no other path was presented... (noting that I haven't yet read the rest of your message).

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery