Forum: Carrara

Subject: Cuts and Loops? - What Carrara tools match the terminology in this tutorial???

arcady opened this issue on Feb 20, 2006 ยท 38 posts

ren_mem posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 8:34 PM

Trav,
Is that c5pro or standard.Part of the issue is I think alot of people have pro. Arcady is using standard.So people reply w/ what they know.I don't think carrara isn't capable tho of modeling. It is. I have seen some great stuff done w/ the old tools, but I found it frustrating. The new vm is actually intuitive. The thing is you have to decide you want to go the distance or look at other options.As happy as I was w/ the new VM I decided to try hex and said wow this is much easier.You do have to try not to get too emotional tho(it's easy when your frustrated) and wait abit for some help before jumping to conclusions.Look at Maya(tons of power)...lots of people can hardly do a thing w/ it.I think carrara is such an easy app including the new VM, but I don't choose to really model from scratch in it.That's me, if it's w/in my means to do something a better/more efficient way (my def)then I am gonna do that. BTW Dynamic geometry is awesome!

Message edited on: 02/22/2006 20:35

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.